McAfee MVISION Cloud was the first to market with a CASB product to address the need to secure corporate data in the cloud. Since then, Gartner has published several reports dedicated to the CASB market, which is a testament to the critical role CASBs play in enabling enterprise cloud adoption. Today, Gartner published the third Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) evaluating CASB vendors.
Cloud access security brokers have become an essential element of any cloud security strategy, helping organizations govern the use of cloud and protect sensitive data in the cloud. Security and risk management leaders concerned about their organizations’ cloud use should investigate CASBs.
In its third Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers, Gartner evaluated nine vendors that met its inclusion criteria. MVISION Cloud, as part of the MVISION family of products at McAfee, is recognized as a Leader in the report; and for the third year in a row. To learn more about how Gartner assessed the market and MVISION Cloud, download your copy of the report here.
How Gartner evaluates CASBs, from a vendor’s perspective
This year, Gartner commissioned a highly rigorous process to compile its Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers report and they relied on numerous inputs to compile the report, including these materials from vendors to understand their product offerings:
- Questionnaire – A 300+ point questionnaire resulting in hundreds of pages of responses
- Financials – Detailed company financial data covering CASB revenue
- Documentation – Access to all product documentation
- Customer references – Access to a list of current customers for reference calls
- Demo – Covering over 50 Gartner-defined use cases to validate product capabilities
Supplementing the Magic Quadrant report is Gartner’s Peer Insights platform, where IT security practitioner write reviews and rate CASB products of all major vendors. Earlier in the year, McAfee’s CASB offering was named Gartner Peer Insights Customer’s Choice 2019. What makes this recognition especially meaningful for us is the fact that customers—those individuals with the most intimate knowledge of different CASB vendor capabilities—reviewed us alongside other vendors and recognized us as the clear choice to help them secure their journey to cloud.
Not only are we proud to be named 2019 customer choice recipient, MVISION Cloud is rated by more IT professionals than any other CASB provider by a factor of nearly 3x. To view CASB reviews on the Peer Insights platform, click here.
McAfee’s 2019 roadmap has helped shape the CASB market by continuing to extend its capabilities with market-defining technology innovations and accolades
- McAfee MVISION Cloud now includes the new Gateway Antimalware Engine for extended threat protection; Cloud Value and Maturity Advisor for an objective and peer-compared assessment of the maturity of an organization’s cloud security posture; and End User Remediation, which provides the ability for organizations to involve end users in the Incident Remediation process.
- McAfee has been selected by the Joint Authorization Board (JAB) for the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Connect program based on demand from federal government agencies and approval by the JAB. McAfee MVISION Cloud is FedRAMP Moderate Authorized and FedRAMP Ready for FedRAMP High.
- McAfee was announced that its McAfee MVISION Cloud for Amazon Web Services (AWS) helps customers “Shift Left” with security to preemptively improve compliance and reduce risk within their cloud infrastructure. McAfee also announced comprehensive security and compliance integration with Microsoft Teams.
GARTNER DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY VENDOR, PRODUCT OR SERVICE DEPICTED IN ITS RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS, AND DOES NOT ADVISE TECHNOLOGY USERS TO SELECT ONLY THOSE VENDORS WITH THE HIGHEST RATINGS OR OTHER DESIGNATION. GARTNER RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS CONSIST OF THE OPINIONS OF GARTNER’S RESEARCH ORGANIZATION AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT. GARTNER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS RESEARCH, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE GARTNER PEER INSIGHTS LOGO IS A TRADEMARK AND SERVICE MARK OF GARTNER, INC., AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES, AND IS USED HEREIN WITH PERMISSION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
About the Author
Categories: Cloud Security