McAfee MVISION Cloud for Microsoft Teams, the first and only CASB certified for Microsoft Teams, now offers a frictionless approach to data protection collaboration within Teams with new support for Microsoft encrypted webhooks. McAfee enforces compliance in Microsoft Teams via Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies by using Microsoft Graph change notifications that provide a secure way to monitor chat messages in Teams via encrypted resource data in the payload. This enables McAfee customers to improve productivity of their employees by letting them use Microsoft Teams as a collaboration platform and participate in conversations and calls, and upload and share documents without compromising security.
Working from home has become a new reality for many, as more and more companies are requesting that their staff work remotely. Already, we are seeing how solutions that enable remote work and learning across chat, video, and file collaboration have become central to the way we work. Microsoft has seen an unprecedented spike in Teams usage and they now have more than 44 million daily users,* a figure that has grown by 12 million in just the last few weeks. Those users have generated over 900 million meeting and calling minutes on Teams each day during the week of March 16.1 They recently shared the data below on their third anniversary.
McAfee MVISION Cloud for Microsoft Teams offers a cloud-native solution for organizations to consistently protect their data and defend against threats in the cloud. Here are a few of the use cases:
- Modern data security. IT can extend existing DLP policies to messages and files in all types of Teams channels, enforcing policies based on keywords, fingerprints, data identifiers, regular expressions and match highlighting for content and metadata.
- Collaboration control. Messages or files posted in channels can be restricted to specific users, including blocking the sharing of data to any external location.
- Comprehensive remediation. Enables auditing of regulated data uploaded to Microsoft Teams and remediates policy violations by coaching users, notifying administrators, quarantining, tombstoning, restoring and deleting user actions. End users can autonomously correct their actions, removing incidents from IT’s queue.
- Threat prevention. Empowers organizations to detect and prevent anomalous behavior indicative of insider threats and compromised accounts. McAfee captures a complete record of all user activity in Teams and leverages machine learning to analyze activity across multiple heuristics to accurately detect threats.
- Forensic investigations: With an auto-generated, detailed audit trail of all user activity, MVISION Cloud provides rich capabilities for forensics and investigations.
- On-the-go security, for on-the-go policies. Helps secure multiple access modes, including browsers and native apps, and applies controls based on contextual factors, including user, device, data and location. Personal devices lacking adequate control over data can be blocked from access.
Here’s a video introduction to MVISION Cloud for Microsoft Teams
Available now, MVISION Cloud for Teams helps meet customer demand in securing their most important cloud resources. McAfee MVISION Cloud for Microsoft Teams is now in use with a substantial number of large enterprise customers to enable their security, governance and compliance capabilities. The solution fits all industry verticals due to the flexibility of policies and its ease of use.
For More Information:
- McAfee MVISION Cloud for Microsoft Teams Landing Page
- Data Sheet
- McAfee® MVISION Cloud Security Risk Assessment
*Microsoft defines daily active usage as the maximum daily users performing an intentional action in a 24-hour period across the desktop client, mobile client, and web client. Intentional actions include sending or replying to a chat, joining a meeting, or opening a file in Teams. Passive actions like auto boot, minimizing a screen, or closing the app are not included.
About the Author
Categories: Cloud Security