To make the spam-fighting process easier and more effective, McAfee offers Spam Control for Microsoft Outlook free of charge to customers. The security experts at the McAfee SaaS Threat Center continuously monitor the email environment for the latest threats, and then rewrite the spam-fighting rules to capture these threats in the future. We also analyze emails that customers consider to be spam, and incorporate the root information into additional spam-filtering rules so emails with similar characteristics are effectively filtered going forward.
Features and Requirements:
- Spam Control for Microsoft Outlook enables end users to easily click a "Delete as Spam" button on their Outlook navigation bar to:
- Immediately delete the suspect email from their email inbox.
- Simultaneously send the message directly to the McAfee SaaS Threat Center for analysis and action.
- Silent install option allows administrators to automate deployment.
- Supported environments:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 (32-bit only), 2010, and 2013
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), and Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Note: Microsoft no longer provides extended support for Windows XP as of April 8, 2014, thus this Microsoft Outlook Add-in is no longer supported for Windows XP.
If you are a McAfee SaaS customer, download Spam Control for Microsoft Outlook at no charge. If you have previously installed the add-in, we recommend uninstalling the previous version before installing this version.
Note: Please follow your browser's procedures for saving a downloaded file to your local hard drive. Once the download completes, open the install package on your local hard drive. The downloaded .zip file contains a 32-bit version of the .msi file and a 64-bit version of the .msi file.