Security technologies built for AWS
Move your workloads to the cloud with speed and confidence through an integrated suite of security technologies managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator. Cloud Workload Security helps you secure critical workloads with a continuum of time-proven and advanced countermeasures spanning machine learning, application containment, VM-optimized anti-malware, whitelisting, and file integrity monitoring. With McAfee Cloud Workload Security, you can:
- Continually discover new workloads and gain cloud-native network flow visibility to minimize security blind spots.
- Deliver security at the speed of DevOps, with deployment automation support for Chef, Puppet, and shell scripts.
- View Amazon GuardDuty events—such as network connections, port probes, and DNS requests—for EC2 instances directly on the Cloud Workload Security console.
The industry-acclaimed security management solution, McAfee ePO, is available on AWS. This proven, centralized management console simplifies and accelerates your security effectiveness with visibility and control from device to cloud.
- With McAfee ePO on AWS, an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering that leverages AWS, your business can simplify your infrastructure maintenance with autoscaling, AWS databases, and easier updates and disaster recovery. You can be up in less than an hour!
- Focus exclusively on security by eliminating infrastructure deployment and maintenance tasks with McAfee MVISION ePO, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering. You can be up in minutes!
- Gain efficiencies by streamlining your security efforts with automated workflows and easy-to-read security posture dashboards that allow you to easily drill down for critical context and prioritize your efforts.
Designed specifically for the fully virtualized public, private, and hybrid cloud, McAfee Virtual Network Security Platform (vNSP) delivers a complete network security solution ready for the unique demands of AWS infrastructure. With McAfee vNSP you can:
- Protect operating systems and applications from known exploits, malware, and zero-day attacks.
- Perform micro-segmentation to apply your desired security policies to individual or groups of workloads.
- Prevent inter-VM compromises by scanning east-west traffic.
Learn More >
With its nearly unlimited policy flexibility and strength in zero-day malware prevention, McAfee Web Gateway can be deployed as a virtual machine in AWS for multiple enterprise security use cases:
- Protect cloud workloads which require inbound file scanning, such as document upload, on externally facing web applications by running McAfee Web Gateway as an ICAP server.
- Complement Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) as an HTTP/HTTPS proxy, allowing flexible web traffic management and threat prevention for virtual desktops.
- Shift McAfee Web Gateway (on premises, cloud service, and hybrid) policy management to the AWS cloud, reducing TCO by removing the on-premises elements of managing proxy technology.
Learn More >
Learn more about Security for Amazon Web Services
Risk assessment is crucial in today’s public cloud. In Amazon Web Services (AWS), native monitoring services for ingress and egress network data can shed light on potential network threats and anomalies. A service of AWS, GuardDuty, bridges the capability to ingest this data to and from an AWS tenant’s environments for continuous monitoring of the following data sources: VPC Flow Logs AWS CloudTrail event logs DNS logs
By adding McAfee Cloud Workload Security to its existing McAfee-integrated security architecture, this company can now reap the benefits of leveraging the public cloud. And, thanks to McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO) software, deploying and managing cloud security is easy and adds minimal additional overhead.
As corporate data centers evolve, more workloads are migrated to cloud environments every day. Most organizations have a hybrid environment with a mixture of on-premise and cloud workloads, including containers, which are constantly in flux. This introduces a security challenge as cloud environments (private and public) require new approaches and tools for protection. Organizations need central visibility of all cloud workloads with complete defense against the risk of misconfiguration, malware, and data breaches.