McAfee is firmly committed to driving diversity in all shapes and forms. Diversity makes us smarter and more creative and innovative. McAfee believes that diverse teams’ insights and leadership styles create more opportunities for real innovation, creativity, and strategic problem solving. Diversity invites different perspectives and experiences, and makes us all stronger while adding real value to our company and solutions.
Importance to McAfee
At McAfee, we celebrate and advance diversity in all its forms. When we bring people together who are different from one another in gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and background, we also bring together information, experiences, viewpoints, and opinions that are unlike our own. This means we’re challenged in our own thinking and ideas to produce smart, creative, and innovative solutions for the business.
This means working hard to anchor diversity and inclusion to our culture—not only because it will result in the best possible workforce but also because we believe in the principles for their own sake. Research on large, innovative organizations has shown that gender and racial diversity improve financial performance. It’s not difficult to imagine that a diverse incident response team could benefit from looking at cyber incidents and responses from a multitude of perspectives. Diversity and inclusion challenge our standard ways of thinking and make us smarter, more creative, and more capable of producing innovative solutions.
However, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is about more than just the clear business benefits. It’s also about every person’s right to feel comfortable bringing their authentic self to work and contributing openly with their own unique perspectives and ideas. At McAfee, we promote acceptance in the workplace, and diversity and inclusion help form the foundation of our culture.
- We are launching the Employee Resource Groups under the name McAfee Communities.
We have tenets of diversity and inclusion as part of our global diversity strategy:
- Education: Diversity training will provide knowledge, skills, and tools to strengthen our ability to respect and leverage diversity to produce better results. McAfee will commit to required training to improve awareness and change behaviors.
- Hiring practices: Implementation of hiring and recruitment practices will help advance our diversity goals. To achieve this, every recruiter will hold an internal target in line with the available talent pool within the function they support. This focused effort will result in a diverse slate of candidates presented to the hiring manager for every job opening. To further ensure impartiality, any interview panel must also contain a member who represents diversity. Lastly, a dedicated recruiter for diversity hiring practices and strategy has been hired to further enhance our reach and ability to attract and retain diverse talent.
- Strategic partnership: We must educate the cybersecurity talent of tomorrow to fuel our talent pool. We will do this with industry and university partnerships. By forging strong partnerships with universities known for developing diverse candidates, we'll be able to better target and build our future candidate pipeline.
- Alignment to company goals: As further evidence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, McAfee will ensure diversity targets are built in to our company goals. This year, McAfee's Annual Bonus Payout will, in part, be dependent on the company’s ability to meet its diversity targets, among other important factors. This means every McAfee employee has a vested interest in driving diversity.
- McAfee supports policies that actively promote diversity and inclusion. We oppose discrimination of any kind at the state or federal level. As a global company, McAfee is home to a diverse workforce that represents the best and brightest minds in the field. A diverse and inclusive society attracts and retains this kind of talent.