McAfee 6000 Anti-Malware Engine RC
McAfee is pleased to announce RC for the McAfee 6000 Anti-Malware Engine. The 6000 Engine will replace the current 5900 Anti-Malware Engine.
The McAfee Anti-Malware Engine is the core component at the heart of the award-winning McAfee Endpoint and Gateway products. Using patented technology, the Engine analyzes potentially malicious code to detect and block Trojans, viruses, worms, adware, spyware, and other threats.
We encourage you to actively participate in this RC program and provide us your valuable feedback.
VirusScan Command Line 6.1.2 RC
VirusScan Command Line RC version 6.1.2 will replace the current VSCL 6.1.0.
This release of VirusScan Command Line includes several bug fixes as well as the new Engine 6000 RC.
We encourage you to participate in this RC program and provide us your valuable feedback.
- Improved VBA file handling capability to detect more threats
- Improved access to Win32 APIs enabling better policy control over DAT content
- Enhanced support to detect 64-bit PE , ELF , Mach-O and .NET based malware
- Improved ELF file handling capability
- Optimizations to DAT initialization to improve load times
Instructions for ENS customers to evaluate the 6000 Engine RC
- In McAfee ePO, select Menu | Configuration | Server Settings.
- Select Source Sites, then click Edit | Add Source Site.
- Enter “AMCore Beta Content” as the Repository Name, then type HTTP, and click Next.
- In the Server name (URL) field, ensure that DNS Name is selected as the default and enter “betaupdate.mcafee.com”, with default port 80, and click Next.
- Continue clicking Next until the last screen, then click Save.
- Click Enable Fallback, then click Save.
- Select Menu | Automation | Server Tasks.
- Select Update Master Repository task and click Edit.
- Click Next to navigate to the Action tab, then click +.
- In the New Action section, select Repository Pull.
- Select the AMCore Beta Content as the Source site, Evaluation for Branch (if ENS 10.2.x or 10.5.x products are being managed by same ePO server and the current production AMCore content is being pulled into the current branch), and click Save.
- Select the Update Master Repository task and click Run.
To change the McAfee Agent policy to pull from the Evaluation branch:
- In McAfee ePO, edit the McAfee Agent General policy assigned to the endpoints you are using for beta testing.
- Click the Updates tab.
- Select Evaluation from the AMCore Content Package drop-down list, then save the policy.
- New supported platforms: Windows 10 RS3/RS4, MacOS 10.12 Sierra and MacOS 10.13 High Sierra, Solaris 11.2/11.3, Linux Kernel 4.x, IBM AIX 7.2
- EOL Platforms: Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 32-bit and x64, Windows Vista 32-bit and x64
- At least 512 MB of free hard disk space
- At least an additional 512 MB of free hard disk space reserved for temporary files
- At least 512 MB of RAM for scanning operations (1024 MB recommended minimum)
- At least 1024 MB of RAM for updating operations
Microsoft operating systems:
- Windows 7 32-bit and x64 Editions (with current and previous Service Pack)
- Windows 8.x 32-bit and x64 Editions (with current and previous Service Pack)
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit and x64 Editions (with current and previous Service Pack)
- Windows Server 2012 x64 Editions (with current and previous Service Pack)
- Windows 10 up to RS4
- Windows Server 2016
UNIX operating systems:
- IBM AIX 6.1 , 7.1 or 7.2 for RS6000 with the latest maintenance packages installed.
- FreeBSD 8.x, 9.x, 10.x for Intel with legacy compatibility library libc.so.3 installed
- Hewlett-Packard HP-UX 11iv3 for PA-RISC with the latest Standard HP-UX patch bundles installed
- Linux for Intel 32-bit distributions shipping with version 2.6, 3.x or 4.x production kernels with libstdc++.so.5.0.5 installed
- Linux for Intel 64-bit distributions shipping with version 2.6 , 3.x or 4.x production kernels, with libstdc++.so.6 installed
- Sun Microsystems Solaris for SPARC versions 9, 10 and 11 (32 and 64-bit) with the latest Solaris OS recommended cluster installed
- Sun Microsystems Solaris for X86 versions version 10 and 11 (32 and 64-bit) with the latest Solaris OS recommended cluster installed
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, MacOS 10.12 Sierra, MacOS 10.13 High Sierra
|Windows 32-bit and 64-bit ePO package||Windows 32-bit and 64-bit|
|Linux 32-bit and 64-bit ePO package||Linux 32-bit and 64-bit|
|Mac 32-bit and 64-bit ePO package||Mac 32-bit and 64-bit|
|Engine 6000 Beta Readme||Read-me document|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner for AIX||AIX|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner for Free BSD||Free BSD|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner for HP-UX||HP-UX|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner for Linux 32-bit||Linux 32-bit|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner for Linux 64 bit||Linux 64 bit|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner for Sun Solaris x86||Sun Solaris x86|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner for Sun Sparc||Sun Sparc|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner for Windows 32-bit||Windows 32-bit|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner for Windows 64 bit||Windows 64 bit|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner readme for Linux||Readme text for Linux|
|VirusScan Command Line Scanner readme for Windows||Readme text for Windows|