McAfee offers an add-in for Microsoft Outlook that allows customers to send encrypted emails. This add-in is available at no charge to customers using McAfee SaaS Email Encryption.
Features and Requirements:
- Once downloaded and distributed to users’ computers, the add-in creates a "Send Encrypted" button within Outlook.
- By clicking the button, users can automatically encrypt any outbound email message, thereby increasing the levels of security and privacy for each message.
- Silent install option allows administrators to automate deployment.
- Supported environments:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 (32-bit only) , 2010, and 2013
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), and Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Note: Microsoft no longer provides extended support for Windows XP as of April 8, 2014, thus this Microsoft Outlook Add-in is no longer supported for Windows XP.
If you are a McAfee SaaS customer, download the Send Encrypted from Microsoft Outlook Add-in at no charge. If you have previously installed the add-in, we recommend uninstalling the previous version before installing this version.
Note: Please follow your browser's procedures for saving a downloaded file to your local hard drive. Once the download completes, open the install package on your local hard drive. The downloaded .zip file contains a 32-bit version of the .msi file, a 64-bit version of the .msi file, and supporting documentation.