Uncompromising integrity and professionalism are the cornerstones of McAfee’s business. In all that we do, McAfee supports and upholds a set of core values and principles. These values and principles form the foundation of good corporate citizenship and frame McAfee’s relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, and local communities. Through our adherence to ethical business practices, and through timely, accurate, and consistent financial reporting, we continually enhance our value and maintain industry leadership in all aspects of corporate governance.
Our success is dependent on the willingness of each individual to act in accordance with these enduring values and principles. We must remember that misconduct by only a few can seriously discredit McAfee, harm our reputation, and reflect poorly on all of us. No success is worth the expense of compromising ethical behavior.
Our Code of Conduct sets the standard for how we work together to develop and deliver products, how we protect the value of McAfee, and how we work with customers, suppliers, and others.
The Code affirms our Five Principles of Conduct:
- Conduct business with honesty and integrity
- Follow the letter and spirit of the law
- Treat each other fairly
- Act in the best interests of McAfee and avoid conflicts of interest
- Protect the company’s assets and reputation
The McAfee Ethics and Compliance Helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for employees, customers, distributors, resellers, and suppliers to ask questions, request guidance, or report a concern. If you have an ethics or compliance concern, you are encouraged to report your concern to McAfee as soon as possible.Report a Concern
We achieve excellence with speed and agility.
- The seriousness of our mission requires that we achieve excellence in our product and delivery.
- The pace at which cybersecurity threats emerge requires that we act with speed and agility.
- To accomplish this balance we are deliberate in our actions and decisions, and execute with a sense of urgency.
- We never compromise on quality.
We play to win or don’t play.
- We are laser focused on keeping people safe and protected.
- We are aligned on our winning strategy. We play to win and we have fun doing it.
- It is through our passion, curiosity, and tenacity that we unite. Mediocrity is not in our vocabulary.
- We rise up to face our adversaries together, one team, empowered.
We innovate without fear.
- To deliver on our mission we constantly experiment and innovate.
- We trust and empower each other to take risks.
- We face our failures head on. They make us stronger and smarter.
- We create opportunities to realize the future of cutting-edge security.
We practice inclusive candor and transparency.
- We offer and receive feedback in celebration of risk taking and learning. We base our feedback on a foundation of trust and respect, embracing the differences in each other.
- We hold ourselves to a high standard of accountability and communicate openly and clearly about what works and what doesn’t.
- Integrity is at the core of who we are; we never cut corners.
We put the customer at the core.
- We collaborate across boundaries to prioritize the customer.
- We listen to our customers’ needs. We value their feedback and center their experience in our design and delivery.
- We provide an exceptional customer experience for every customer, every time.
As a matter of policy, all McAfee employees and third parties that perform services for McAfee are expected to comply with the following anti-corruption initiatives:
- The U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), which prohibits offering a bribe, directly or indirectly, to a non-U.S. government official or a family member of a non-U.S. government official in order to obtain or retain business or to otherwise secure an improper advantage over a competitor.
- The U.K. Bribery Act, which creates four offenses: giving, promising, or offering a bribe; requesting, agreeing to receive, or accepting a bribe; bribing a foreign public official; and corporate failure to prevent bribery.
- The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions.
McAfee employees with significant involvement in sales transactions and/or maintaining accurate books and records, as well as designated third parties, are required to take McAfee’s online anti-corruption training course on a periodic basis. Violations of the policy may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment or the existing business relationship with McAfee. Suspected violations can be submitted through the McAfee Ethics and Compliance Helpline.