McAfee Labs 2019 Threats Predictions
As our dependency on technology grows, breaches are no longer limited to a specific platform or device. Everything is connected and everything is a target for cybercriminals, who are increasingly collaborating to escalate their efforts. Learn how our McAfee Labs researchers think the threats landscape will evolve in 2019.
Key trends to watch in 2019 include:
- Mobile phones and digital assistants will become the next vectors for home IoT attacks
- Criminal underground will consolidate, creating more partnerships to fuel cybercrime
- Artificial intelligence will aid cybercriminal evasion techniques
- Misinformation campaigns will target wider audiences—such as individual companies—in a new hunting ground for malicious actors
- Increased use of multifaceted or synergistic attacks will cause confusion and hide ultimate attack goals
- The cloud and data-rich identity platforms will become the primary battlegrounds for data breaches
Topics include how the adversarial machine learning arms race is heating up, how ransomware is pivoting to new targets, and more.Read Report >
Cloud threats, internet of things (IoT) threats regulations, and vendor response are covered in our 2017 predictions.
Our 2016 report examined the evolution of types of threat actors, attackers’ behaviors, and targets. It looked at the expected rise of ransomware, new attacks on automobiles, why wearable technology is an attractive target, and critical infrastructure attacks.