What does the SWIFT Customer Security Controls Framework mean to your business?
It’s hard to believe that it’s been more than 3 years since the news broke that cyber criminals had managed to steal hundreds of millions of dollars in a series of attacks utilising the SWIFT banking network. These attacks exploited vulnerabilities in the systems of member banks to obtain legitimate SWIFT credentials which were in turn used to request transfers of funds into accounts controlled by the attackers. Because the parties involved had complete trust in the legitimacy of the SWIFT messages nothing adverse was detected until it was too late – all of which has led to SWIFT implementing a new regime of controls and policies, and the announcement that in future they will be inspecting member banks for compliance with the threat of informing regulators and other banks in the event of non-compliance.
So, what does this mean to your business? What do you need to do to ensure you’re ready by the end of the year? In this edition of McAfee’s webinar series, we’ll be looking to answer these questions and more.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Learn more about past SWIFT hacks and understand how these heists were perpetrated
- Hear the details about the strategy to respond and overcome these risks
- Be introduced to the new “Customer Security Controls Framework” v2019 that will become effective in July 2019 and will require mandatory compliance by the end of 2019
- Understand how McAfee Technologies can help support your business in meeting the compliance requirements
- Get the opportunity to have your specific questions answered by the experts