Install & Upgrade
Software downloads are available from McAfee Product Downloads or the McAfee ePO Software Manager.
A clean installation is a deployment where there are no elements of McAfee software pre-existing on the endpoint. See "Upgrades" if pre-existing software is on the endpoint. Before deploying McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, review this documentation to ensure the environment is compatible.
- Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems, for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Known Issues
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Best Practices Guide
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Installation Guide
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Quick Start (KB 79580)
If there is an issue during installation, refer to the following documentation:
- How to troubleshoot McAfee VirusScan Enterprise patch installation issues
- Third-party DLL injectors, code detours, and hooking
- Data collection steps for troubleshooting various McAfee VirusScan Enterprise issues
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.x FAQ
If there is an issue during deploying an upgrade, patch, or hotfix, refer to the following documentation. In order to view documentation with a "REGISTERED" notation, you must log in to the Enterprise ServicePortal.
- Reasons to restart a computer after McAfee VirusScan Enterprise has been installed or upgraded
- REGISTERED — VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 install, uninstall, and upgrade issues (VirusScan Enterprise Removal Tool)
- How to use Installation Designer to upgrade an evaluation copy of McAfee software to a licensed copy
- Access Protection rules triggered when installing a McAfee VirusScan Enterprise hotfix or when performing a McAfee Agent upgrade
- Best practices when performing a McAfee VirusScan Enterprise patch or hotfix installation
To learn why you should migrate to McAfee Endpoint Security from legacy products such as McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention, review McAfee Endpoint Security migration resources.
Configuration & Best Practices
The default settings for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise typically require additional configuration and tuning. All McAfee VirusScan Enterprise module features are enabled by default. To get acquainted with the software, review the documentation below:
- How to make on-access scanner (real-time) exclusions more secure
- Understanding the on-demand scan system resource utilization (KB 55145)
- Performance improvement tips for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 (KB 79673)
- REGISTERED — How to disable McAfee VirusScan Enterprise core components for troubleshooting purposes