Verizon 2016 Data Breach Investigations Report
A comprehensive analysis of data breach patterns seen in 2015McAfee contributed to this report by providing anonymized breach data. We also co-authored Appendix A, which focuses on post-breach fraud and what happens to data once it has been stolen from the breached entity. Below are some key report findings:
- Cybercriminals are exploiting humans as the weakest link.
- Phishing tops the list of increasing security concerns.
- 89% of all attacks involve financial or espionage motivations.
- Three-pronged attacks are highly familiar, repeatable, and used frequently.
- Risk management is key to safeguarding assets.
Watch on-demand webcast