McAfee MVISION Cloud was the first to market with a CASB solution to address the need to secure corporate data in the cloud. Since then, Gartner has published several reports dedicated to the CASB market, which is a testament to the critical role CASBs play in enabling enterprise cloud adoption. Today, Gartner named McAfee a Leader in the 2020 annual Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) for the fourth time evaluating CASB vendors.
Cloud access security brokers have become an essential element of any cloud security strategy, helping organizations govern the use of cloud and protect sensitive data in the cloud. Security and risk management leaders concerned about their organizations’ cloud use should investigate CASBs.
In its fourth Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers, Gartner evaluated eight vendors that met its inclusion criteria. MVISION Cloud, as part of the MVISION family of products at McAfee, is recognized as a Leader in the report; and for the fourth year in a row. To learn more about how Gartner assessed the market and MVISION Cloud, download your copy of the report here.
This year, Gartner commissioned a highly rigorous process to compile its Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) report and they relied on numerous inputs to compile the report, including these materials from vendors to understand their product offerings:
- Questionnaire – A 300+ point questionnaire resulting in hundreds of pages of responses
- Financials – Detailed company financial data covering CASB revenue
- Documentation – Access to all product documentation
- Customer Peer Reviews – Gartner encourages customers to submit anonymized reviews via their Peer Insights program. You can read them here.
- Demo – Covering over 50 Gartner-defined use cases to validate product capabilities
In 2020, McAfee made several updates and additions to its solutions, strengthening its position as an industry experts including:
- MVISION Cloud added capabilities to help organizations protect cloud-native application infrastructure with MVISION Cloud Native Infrastructure Security.
- Unified Cloud Edge (UCE) was introduced to the McAfee MVISION Cloud platform, making McAfee the only vendor to provide a converged security solution, to simplify the adoption of Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture.
- The introduction of MITRE ATT&CK framework into MVISION Cloud marked McAfee as the first CASB provider to tag and visualize cloud security events within an ATT&CK. McAfee then teamed with the University of California, Berkeley’s Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity (CLTC) to show how MITRE ATT&CK framework adoption improves cloud security.
- Support of encryption enhancements in Microsoft Teams, becoming the only CASB that is Certified for Microsoft Teams.
- McAfee became the first CASB platform provider to be granted a Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) High Impact Provisional Authority to Operate (P-ATO) from the U.S. Government’s Joint Authorization Board (JAB).
- McAfee’s CASB Connect Program, which allows cloud service providers or partners to build lightweight API connections to McAfee MVISION Cloud, leading several new service providers to adopt McAfee MVISION Cloud.
McAfee also received recognition as the only vendor to be named the January 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Cloud Access Security Brokers based on customer feedback and ratings for McAfee MVISION Cloud.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The Gartner Peer Insights Logo is a trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc., and/or its affiliates, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved
Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Cloud Access Security Brokers, Peer Contributors, 13 March 2020. Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
About the Author
Categories: Cloud Security