Today, I am proud to share with you that our industry leading Network Security Platform (NSP) has been recognized in the leaders quadrant of the latest Gartner MQ for IPS for the 8th time in a row. In addition, McAfee was placed farthest on the right of the visionary axis. We believe this is a ringing endorsement of the vision and strategy that is driving our NSP solution, and a reward for the hard work the extended McAfee team has put in over the years to make this product the industry leader it is today.
McAfee’s Vision – The company you can count on today and in the future.
It’s exciting to see how McAfee’s vision for IPS has developed over the years, and how it aligns the market’s security needs going forward. We’ve consistently driven IPS technology in new and innovative ways. For example:
- Traditional signature based defenses helps customers find exploits they know about, but more importantly, our numerous signature-less behavioral analysis engines protect them against unknown advanced threats when no signature exists. This important differentiation has allows us to lead the market in protection against unknown threats.
- Integration with our Advanced Threat Defense provides additional protection against the most insidious advanced zero day malware
- Integration that leverages data and workflows from five other McAfee products, allow IPS administrators to break down data silos and plug security gaps that are often missed by other pieced-together security solutions.
- Integration with McAfee’s Threat Intelligence Exchange enables visibility far beyond McAfee IPS’s physical connections. IPS sensors can adapt in real-time to threats seen across the network, and in essence, every endpoint or other McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange enabled device becomes an extension of the IPS sensors.
- Integration of virtual NSP with McAfee Controller, which has already been recognized as a thought leader and as the most innovative security orchestration solution for software defined data center deployments.
The Future Looks Even Better
I’d like to recognize our development team for its continued accomplishments and relentless dedication. Positive reviews of their work continue to come in, recently from NSS Labs, and placement in the leaders quadrant in the Gartner IPS MQ. The battle to thwart cyberthreats is ongoing and ever-changing. We will not rest on our laurels. There’s still much work to be done and I assure you, our commitment to the IPS market has never been stronger. We will continue to refine Intrusion Prevention Systems with our focus on signature-less techniques to protect against the unknown. Further, leveraging the power of our Security Connected platform will give us an opportunity to make use of network wide information to provide the best network protection solution in the industry.
For business dealing with today’s modern threat challenges, our Network Security Platform is the most intelligent advanced threat platform available on the market.
**From 2015-16, McAfee was listed as Intel Security