As expected, the 2020 RSA Conference was a whirlwind of exciting announcements and product updates. Some key takeaways from the conference:
- We can’t wait for time to tell. Chief Technology Officer Steve Grobman delivered a dynamic presentation from the RSA mainstage, where he compared current cyber defenses and legacy immunology practices. Grobman was a visionary in the way he presented and talked about the future of quantum computing. Ultimately there’s an exponential amount of benefit that could be derived from quantum computing, and it can fundamentally change the way we do computing. “We can’t think of quantum in terms of eventually or tomorrow. Because quantum is a real risk today. You must assume that adversaries are already accessing your most sensitive data. It’s encrypted, but they still find it valuable. They’re not worried about [decrypting] it today. They’re counting on quantum to do that in the future.” Grobman explained during his RSA keynote.
- Journey to the cloud. Rajiv Gupta, SVP of McAfee’s Cloud Business Unit, and Tony Taylor, CISO of Land O’Lakes, took to the CSA keynote stage to talk about Land O’Lakes’ journey to the cloud. Rajiv and Tony defined “cloud-first” and shared the top three lessons learned from LandO’Lakes’ cloud journey: On-Prem rules don’t apply, Shadow IT is daunting, and data finds a way out.
- New image, new approach, new integrated solutions. The RSA Conference is one of our biggest events each year. In 2020, we unveiled a new modern, futuristic booth and were excited to see that it was mostly standing-room only, packed with customers, prospects, partners, press, and industry analysts.
Some of the announcements pertaining to McAfee:
- Substantial headway with McAfee partner program – We announced eight new partnerships and seven new certified integrations to McAfee Security Innovation Alliance(SIA) and McAfee CASB Connect Program to give organizations a competitive advantage to secure people, devices and data in the cloud. We have a total of 160 integration partners through the McAfee SIA and McAfee CASB Connect Programs.
- Agreement to acquire Light Point Security – During the week of RSA, we entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Light Point Security, to extend MVISION Unified Cloud Edge (UCE) capabilities for Secure Access Service Edge (SASE). This agreement demonstrates how we continue to strengthen our solutions through innovation and acquisition to provide its customers with state-of-the-art solutions to prevent and detect threats without limiting performance.
- Launched a global Managed Detection and Response (MDR) platform – DXC Technology is our first strategic MDR partner to leverage McAfee’s MVISION EDR solution to proactively detect cyber threats faced by customers and resolve security incidents faster. With MVISION EDR, MVISION ePO and McAfee Advanced Threat Defense, DXC Technology will be able to deliver a leading managed Endpoint Security solution that will benefit from cloud-based analytics with automated AI-guided investigations for efficient triage and investigations, to enable faster response times.
- New innovations to MVISION Cloud platform – The newly announced enhancements to the MVISION Cloud platform help organizations protect the entire infrastructure and application stack of their cloud-native applications. Available now, MVISION Cloud Native Infrastructure Security includes Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Cloud Workload Protection Platform (CWPP) and Container Security technologies integrated into one security management experience. Together, these solutions offer a broad set of capabilities to secure multi-cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)/Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and hybrid cloud environments.
- Introduced McAfee Unified Cloud Edge (UCE) – UCE provides unified data and threat protection from device level to the cloud. With this announcement, we become the only vendor to provide a converged security solution to simplify the adoption of Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture, which aims to increase security and reduce the cost and complexity of modern cybersecurity. UCE brings together the capabilities of McAfee Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Secure Web Gateway (SWG), and DLP in one cloud-native platform.
- Committed to making cloud the most secure environment for business – McAfee MVISION platform builds upon two foundational pillars —MVISION Cloud and MVISION Endpoint. Together, they enhance and simplify security by providing a core set of common security services that are cloud native, unified and open. Our recently released MVISION innovations are further proof of our commitment to make cloud the most secure environment for business.
- Industry recognitions and awards – We are excited to have been recognized by an industry analyst firm, Cyber Defense Magazine, Info Security PG, CRN and others. We want to thank you – our customers and partners – who help us with these achievements.
Thank you to those that stopped by our booth and/or attended our sessions. We hope to see you again in 2021!
For more, listen now to Interim CMO Vittorio Viarengo and VP of Product & Solution Marketing Naveen Palavalli as they discuss highlights from this year’s RSAC.