Every fall the leaves change colors, sweaters replace sundresses, and new changes are afoot. Especially for us at McAfee. In fact, we’re announcing quite a few changes to our consumer security portfolio this fall. Tailored to the increasingly connected world we live in, our evolved line of products focuses on better performance, better ransomware protection, and a holistic approach to securing every facet of a connected consumer’s life. Curious how exactly our lineup does that? Allow us to break it down.
First, there are a few key product updates. In exciting news, McAfee Identity Theft Protection and McAfee Safe Family are now both included in McAfee Total Protection and McAfee LiveSafe. Additionally, McAfee Ransom Guard and PC Boost have been added to the entire product lineup, which includes McAfee AntiVirus, McAfee AntiVirus Plus, and McAfee Internet Security. Now, let’s get into a few specifics about product performance.
McAfee’s core lineup of products now sends malware analysis to the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (GTI) cloud, which means fewer system resources are required, and PCs can work at optimal speeds. Beyond that, we’ve also implemented a few key PC enhancements, including:
- McAfee App Boost – Helps resource-hungry apps complete tasks more quickly by automatically allocating more resources to applications the customer is actively using.
- McAfee Web Boost – Prevents unwanted or unrequested downloads and system activity caused by auto-play videos resulting in reduced bandwidth and resource consumption.
There are a few notable mobile enhancements as well, which include:
- McAfee Mobile Security – Fully redesigned to deliver a more intuitive and engaging user experience.
- McAfee Mobile Security for Android – Now includes machine learning capabilities within the mobile AV engine, which provides more efficient scanning and faster malware detection.
- McAfee Mobile Security for iOS – New Wi-Fi Threat Scan shows the security status of the connected Wi-Fi network and alerts users if the Wi-Fi network they are connected to is at risk.
Increased Ransomware Protection
Ransomware attacks have shown no signs of slowing, which is why last year McAfee introduced a machine learning-based anti-virus engine with Real Protect to protect consumers from modern-day threats. And now we’ve updated our features to continue the fight against these advanced attacks. New features include:
- McAfee Ransom Guard – Adds another layer of protection on the PC which monitors for suspicious file changes, warns the user when ransomware may be at work and suggests recommended actions for remediation. Additionally, this technology allows McAfee to detect many variants of zero-day ransomware.
- Virus Protection Pledge – This year’s lineup extends the guarantee to six additional languages. If a customer enrolled in automatic renewal gets a virus with protection turned on, the customer support team will remove it, or the customer will receive a refund.
Protecting People’s Digital Lives
As people become more and more connected in the modern digital era, they’re in need of protection in every part of their online life. That’s why McAfee’s new lineup now includes features that make it easier than ever to protect what matters most. This includes:
- McAfee Safe Family – Provides parents the visibility and controls needed to keep their children safer online when they use their PCs, smartphones, and tablets.
- Key features and benefits include: Activity reports, app and web blocking capabilities, screen time controls, location tracking, 1-click digital time-outs and more. McAfee Safe Family Premium is included with subscriptions to McAfee Total Protection 10 and McAfee LiveSafe.
- McAfee Identity Theft Protection – Allows users to take a proactive approach to protecting their identities.
- Key features and benefits include: Cyber monitoring, Social security number trace, credit monitoring, 24/7 agency support, and ID recovery and stolen funds reimbursement. McAfee Identity Theft Protection Essentials is included with subscriptions to McAfee Total Protection 10 and McAfee LiveSafe.
So, whether you’re focused on fighting back against ransomware, or ensuring all your online interactions are protected from threats, our evolved portfolio of products is here to ensure you can live your connected life with confidence. Make sure you get proactive about your personal protection now.
To learn more about consumer security and our approach to it, be sure to follow us at @McAfee and @McAfee_Home.