Everybody loves some celebrity gossip once in a while. Whether you sift through tabloids in the checkout aisle, or bookmark fan sites on your browser, we’re all suckers for a good Hollywood story. But did you know that your love for red carpet stars can be dangerous?
This year marks the 10th annual McAfee Most Dangerous Celebrities study, revealing the stars who are most likely to infect your device through a simple online search. Turns out, Hollywood isn’t always as glamorous as it appears on the front page of People.
So, who took this year’s coveted top spot? Everyone’s favorite funny gal, Amy Schumer. Our annual study revealed that 16.11% of searches for the star’s name lead users to malicious websites. Talk about a Trainwreck. YouTube star turned teen heartthrob Justin Bieber ranked second, followed by Carson Daly and Will Smith.
There is good news for fans of these stars, however. We’re kicking the list reveal off in true Hollywood fashion: with a #RT2Win contest on the @McAfee_Home Twitter handle. One lucky winner of the contest drawing will receive a $100 Amazon gift card. The best part? Entering is a breeze. Simply retweet the contest tweet published on Friday, September 30 and you’ll be entered to win. Follow these instructions to enter the contest, and good luck!
#RiskyCeleb #RT2Win Contest Rules
- To enter, go to https://twitter.com/McAfee_Home, and find the #RT2Win contest tweet.
- The contest tweet will be released on Friday, September 30th. This tweet will include the hashtags: #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb.
- Retweet the contest tweet released on the above date, from your personal handle. The #RT2Win AND#RiskyCeleb hashtags must be included to be entered.
- A winner will be announced the following week, on Friday, October 7th.
Terms and Conditions
- How to enter: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “McAfee Most Dangerous Celebrity study” Retweet to Win Drawing (the “Contest”) will have 1 drawing period, during which all entries must be received. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. One (1) winner will be chosen. The Drawing period is as follows:
- Drawing: 8:00 AM Friday, September 30th, through 5:00 PM Friday ,October 7th.
During the Drawing period, go to the @McAfee_Home Twitter page and go through the following steps:
- Find the contest tweet, published on Friday, September 30th, which will include the hashtags: #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb.
- Retweet the contest tweet and make sure it includes both the #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb hashtags.
- Note: Tweets that do not contain both #RiskyCeleb and #RT2Win hashtags will not be considered for entry.
An eligible winner will be announced the final Friday of the drawing period by 5pm PT on the @McAfee_Home feed, featuring the #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb hashtags. Each retweet must include the #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb hashtags to be eligible to win. No other method of entry will be accepted besides Twitter. Only one eligible retweet per person.
- Eligibility: The contest is open in the US to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the contest begins. Employees of McAfee (Sponsor) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible.
- Winner Selection: The winner of the Drawing will be selected at random from all eligible retweets received during the Drawing’s entry period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible retweets received.
Winner Notification: The Drawing winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter.com at the end of the drawing period. The prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) to be returned within fourteen (14) days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within four (4) calendar days from the first notification attempt, or if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue based on the winner selection process described above.
- Prizes: The prize for the Drawing is a $100 gift card to Amazon.com.Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the Drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the Drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the winners’ sole responsibility. ARV of the prize may be subject to market fluctuation. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual retail value of the prize at the time of award, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
- General conditions: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Drawing, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the Drawing entries. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McAfee Corporation and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest.
Prize Forfeiture: The prize will be awarded. If the winner cannot be notified, does not respond to notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these Drawing rules, then the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entries for the Drawing.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winner of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Governing Law: The Drawing and these rules will be construed in accordance with local laws and jurisdictions (California).
Follow us to stay updated on all things McAfee and on top of the latest consumer and mobile security threats.