The McAfee Advanced Threat Research team today published the McAfee Labs Threats Report: April 2021.
In this edition, we present new findings in our traditional threat statistical categories – as well as our usual malware, sectors, and vectors – imparted in a new, enhanced digital presentation that’s more easily consumed and interpreted.
Historically, our reports detailed the volume of key threats, such as “what is in the malware zoo.” The introduction of MVISION Insights in 2020 has since made it possible to track the prevalence of campaigns, as well as, their associated IoCs, and determine the in-field detections. This latest report incorporates not only the malware zoo but new analysis for what is being detected in the wild.
The Q3 and Q4 2020 findings include:
- COVID-19-themed cyber-attack detections increased 114%
- New malware samples averaging 648 new threats per minute
- 1 million external attacks observed against MVISION Cloud user accounts
- Powershell threats spiked 208%
- Mobile malware surged 118%
Additional Q3 and Q4 2020 content includes:
- Leading MITRE ATT&CK techniques
- Prominent exploit vulnerabilities
- McAfee research of the prolific SUNBURST/SolarWinds campaign
These new, insightful additions really make for a bumper report! We hope you find this new McAfee Labs threat report presentation and data valuable.
Follow us to stay updated on all things McAfee and on top of the latest consumer and mobile security threats.